Deputy Chief Executive – Resources & Shared Service Transformation
South Ribble is no ordinary council and we don’t do recruitment the way that most local authorities do. Everything we do here is a little bit different. We call it the South Ribble Way. At the heart of our decision to take on great new people is our unique and innovative approach to Blended Working. Of course, we need to understand your professional experience relevant to this role, but more important whether you will fit with our way of working and what your personal contribution to the transformation of our organisation will be if we take you on.
So why join us?
- A can-do, customer orientated and outcome focused approach to doing business.
- Freedom. You will be empowered to think, innovate and deliver.
- A One Team, One Council culture where everyone is working collaboratively to deliver on our promises.
- A constantly changing environment; in a good way! You’ll never get bored.
What will you want me to do?
- Lead transformational change across the Council alongside the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Regeneration & Growth
- Optimise resources to ensure effective delivery that demonstrates the Council’s values and behaviours
- Drive our shared service agenda
- Deliver high performance, customer orientated and outcome focused services in line with the Corporate Plan
- Find Solutions to emerging issues that enable the effective delivery of wider Council vision and priorities (People, Pounds and Property)
- Inspire & Empower direct reports and the wider team whilst effectively managing resources and performance across a large and complex delivery team
- Fulfil section 151 responsibility on a temporary basis until our shared services posts are in place
This role encompasses SIRO responsibilities.
As SIRO, you manage information risk from a business not a technical perspective. You focus on the strategic information risks related to the delivery of corporate objectives. This means you take a holistic approach to information risk across the supply chain and manage it in line with the organisation’s risk appetite.
Information assets are integral to the functioning of any modern business and essential to delivering corporate objectives. By understanding, addressing and capitalising on the risks and facing an organisation’s information assets, a SIRO can ensure services are delivered efficiently and with greater value for money.
Principle 2: The SIRO as a champion of governance
The SIRO role is an integral part of any organisation’s Information Governance Framework.
Principle 3: The SIRO as a champion for cultural change - the four pillars of a good information risk culture
The SIRO plays a pivotal role in championing a culture which is resilient, adaptable and open to change in order to effectively deliver business priorities.
We’ll need you to have experience of:
- Significant operational leadership experience in a public or private sector organisation of comparable scale and complexity with responsibility for similar services
- A track record of delivering specific change projects in line with ambitious corporate plans and targets
- Experience of contributing to organisational transformation programmes, corporate strategy and plans at a senior management level
- Experience of working with external partners to jointly deliver excellent and outcome focused customer facing services
- Managing significant budgets
- A relevant qualification in accountancy
We also need you to have the following attributes:
- Enables openness between multiple internal and external stakeholders, actively builds and maintains and effective network and identifies opportunities for building mutually supported partnerships
- Facilitates collaboration by creating multi-disciplinary teams to address key issues and priorities
- Systematically and methodically identifies and addresses opportunities for development and capability
- Is able to identify issues from multiple perspectives in order to influence through identifying win-win opportunities
- Is able to garner key information from a wide range of sources and will use this to inform their strategic thinking
- Is able to take responsibility for key decisions and not only takes accountability but will make them in a timely way
- Open to innovation but is conceptually agile enough to weigh up the pros and cons of competing viable options
- Clearly sets out expectations and manages performance with fairness and transparency
• Director of Finance and Assurance (Shared Services Post & Section 151)
• Director of Legal, HR & Democratic Services (Shared Services Post & Monitoring Officer)