Deputy Chief Executive – Regeneration & Growth
South Ribble is no ordinary council and we don’t do recruitment the way that most local authorities do. Everything we do here is a little bit different. We call it the South Ribble Way. At the heart of our decision to take on great new people is our unique and innovative approach to Blended Working. Of course, we need to understand your professional experience relevant to this role, but more important whether you will fit with our way of working and what your personal contribution to the transformation of our organisation will be if we take you on.
So why join us?
- A can-do, customer orientated and outcome focused approach to doing business.
- Freedom. You will be empowered to think, innovate and deliver.
- A One Team, One Council culture where everyone is working collaboratively to deliver on our promises.
- A constantly changing environment; in a good way! You’ll never get bored.
What will you want me to do?
- Lead transformational change across the Council alongside the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Resources & Shared Service Transformation
- Advise the Council on the regeneration and growth agenda
- Unlock Council assets as a strategic driver for growth and regeneration in the Borough
- Deliver with the Chief Executive Officer our City Deal
- Build growth partnerships with our key stakeholders
- Engage with all Elected Members, staff and partners to embrace our vision for the regeneration and growth of the Borough
We’ll need you to have experience of:
- Significant leadership experience in a public or private sector organisation of comparable scale and complexity with responsibility for regeneration and growth
- A track record of delivering regeneration and growth projects in line with ambitious corporate plans and targets
- Experience of contributing to organisational transformation programmes, corporate strategy and plans at a senior management level
- Experience of working with external partners to jointly deliver major growth schemes
- Knowledge of local government governance and the role of Elected Members in the decision-making process
- Relevant professional qualification and / or membership of professional body and / or professional experience in matters required of the portfolio such as housing, planning, surveying, asset management or facilities management
We also need you to have the following attributes:
- Enables openness between multiple internal and external stakeholders, actively builds and maintains and effective network and identifies opportunities for building mutually supported partnerships
- Facilitates collaboration by creating multi-disciplinary teams to address key issues and priorities
- Systematically and methodically identifies and addresses areas / opportunities for development and capability
- Is able to identify issues from multiple perspectives in order to influence through identifying win-win opportunities
- Is able to garner key information from a wide range of sources and will use this to inform their strategic thinking
- Is able to take responsibility for key decisions and not only takes accountability but will make them in a timely way
- Open to innovation but is conceptually agile enough to weigh up the pros and cons of competing viable options
- Clearly sets out expectations and manages performance with fairness and transparency
- Director of Planning and Property
- Director of Neighbourhoods & Development